For you to get the most out of using thelowdown.co.nz, Te Hiringa Hauora, the Health Promotion Agency (HPA) Agency ("we" or "us") needs to collect some personal information about you. We will protect your personal information, and will only collect, use, store, and share it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, including (where applicable) the Health Information Privacy Code 1994.
- what information is collected by us through your use of thelowdown.co.nz;
- how your information will be used, stored, and shared; and
- how you can access and change your personal information;
- we collect personal information about you, including email address and nickname and use it to provide you with access to our forum;
- we share your information with Homecare medical who help us provide the 24/7 free helpline to you. It is important for you to know that if we think the information you provide while using thejournal.co.nz indicates that you pose a serious threat to yourself or others, we may also share your information with emergency services or a health professional; and
- we store your information securely and will protect it from unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us:
Te Hiringa Hauora, the Health Promotion Agency (HPA) – firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect?
Personal information about you
thelowdown.co.nz will ask for personal information about you when you sign up for the forum including:
- email address
We will also collect any information you share in the emails you send to us as well as the helpline, text and webchat services we provide.
Aggregated, anonymous information about visitors to thelowdown.co.nz
We collect anonymous and aggregated information about you and all other visitors to thelowdown.co.nz, including:
- website usage statistics
- anxiety self-test results
- depression self-test results
How do we use your information?
The personal information that we collect from you via thelowdown.co.nzwill be used to:
- provide you with the services you have asked us for.
Will my information be shared with anyone else?
We may share the personal information that we collect about you as:
- we need to give some employees, contractors, agents and advisers access to the information you provide us to ensure that thelowdown.co.nz works properly. This includes our providers that host or maintain data centres where your information is processed or stored, or that operate service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on our behalf;
- we share your information with Homecare Medical who help us providethe 24/7 free helpline to you. In some cases, we will share your information with emergency services or a health professional (where we think that your information indicates that you pose a serious threat to yourself or others); and
- as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993, and (where applicable) the Health Information Privacy Code 1994.
We may share anonymous and aggregated information about visitors to thelowdown.co.nz with public sector health agencies and other organisations and individuals that have an interest in the treatment and management of depression and anxiety in New Zealand.
Please be aware that information you post to the any of the forums on thelowdown.co.nz is published on that forum for other users to see and comment on, along with the nickname you choose for yourself when you register with the forum.
How is my information stored?
We take your privacy seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored in a secure environment and protected from unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
Homecare Medical has systems and procedures in place to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Information shared with Homecare medical is stored securely in a Government-approved data centre, and is accessed only by staff providing services to you, or in the course of carrying out service quality audits. Their staff all sign confidentiality agreements when they join, and there are systems and policies in place to prevent them sharing data inappropriately. They are required to store information for at least 10 years.
How do I access and change my information?
You can ask us to provide you with the information we hold about you and request corrections to it.
If you would like to see the information we hold about you or request a correction, please contact us at email@example.com
For how long is my information held?
We will continue to hold your personal information as long as you continue to use thelowdown.co.nz, but will delete it if requested.
thelowdown.co.nz collects statistical information which is used for making the site faster and easier to use. Information from your visit is combined with the data from all site visitors and presented as statistical information on overall site use. To do this, thelowdown.co.nz uses “cookies” and other tracking technologies.
thelowdown.co.nz uses “session” cookies. Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on this site, and to collect aggregated statistical information.
thelowdown.co.nz may use “persistent” cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as helping to determine what areas of the website visitors find most valuable, and customising the website based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. The thelowdown.co.nz server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookies has returned to the website and not any personally identifiable information.
thelowdown.co.nz may use “web beacons” (also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, anonymous identifiers and invisible GIFs): A web beacon is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an email message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the website server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Web beacons may be placed on online advertisements that bring people to thelowdown.co.nz and on different pages of the website. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
thelowdown.co.nz uses both First Party and Third Party web beacons and cookies. Third Party web beacons and cookies are used for the purpose of marketing this website to people that may find benefit from the services included on the website.
Other tracking technologies
The following Google Analytics Display Advertising Features are enabled for this website:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations.
The following Adwords Features are enabled for this website:
- Affinity audiences
- Custom affinity audiences
- In-market audiences
- Similar audiences
- Demographic and location targeting.
This means that thelowdown.co.nz is enabling Google Analytics to collect data about traffic to this site through cookies and anonymous identifiers in addition to data collected through standard Google Analytics implementations.
thelowdown.co.nz will not share precise location information with Google without your prior explicit consent.
Use of HotJar
We use Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link
You can choose to enable or disable the use of some cookies and other tracking technologies on this website. Cookies that are necessary to the operation of this website and for the provision of the services you have requested will continue to function regardless of whether you have provided consent. Other types of cookies and tracking technologies will be turned off until you provide explicit consent. As a result, the functionality of thelowdown.org.nz may be reduced until you choose to provide explicit consent.
You can opt-out of any of the Google Analytics Advertising Features by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ which is where users can download the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add-On.
You can also opt out by going to Google Ad Settings, which allows users to turn off the amount and type of data you are sharing.
More information about opting out can be obtained from http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/